A Few helpful tips to keep in mind when planning your first look…
Looking to plan a perfect first look for your destination wedding? Read on to discover some useful tips and tricks for ensuring that your guests won’t see the bride before the ceremony. From organizing the location and timing to enlisting the help of your maid of honor and best man, our guide will help make your first look a memorable and private experience.
Are you planning a destination wedding and want to ensure that the first look is a private and special moment for you and your partner? Here are some useful tips and tricks for organizing the perfect first look:
- Choose a private location for the first look, away from the resort’s main areas, and ensure that the photographer and videographer know the exact location.
- Time the first look to coincide with when your guests are occupied with other activities, such as during cocktail hour or a group excursion.
- Consider having your maid of honor and best man assist in lining up the couple and ensuring that guests don’t accidentally stumble upon the first look location.
- If possible, use natural barriers such as trees, walls, or buildings to create a secluded area for the first look.
- Communicate with your destination wedding photographer and videographer in advance to ensure they are aware of the first look plan and can capture the moment perfectly.
- Have a backup plan in case of inclement weather, such as an indoor location or alternative timing.
- Coordinate with the wedding planner and resort staff to ensure that the first look area is set up to your liking and that guests are directed away from the area.
- Consider adding personal touches to the first look location, such as flowers, candles, or special decor.
- Take the opportunity to exchange personal notes or gifts during the first look to make the moment even more meaningful.
- Remember to breathe and enjoy the moment, knowing that you have taken the necessary steps to make it a private and memorable experience.
Planning a first look for your destination wedding requires careful consideration and coordination with your photographer, videographer, and wedding planner. By choosing a private location, enlisting the help of your maid of honor and best man, and adding personal touches to the area, you can ensure that your first look is a magical and intimate moment.
Emily was super easy to work with and very accommodating. This was our first time in the area and Emily was extremely helpful with assisting us in choosing the perfect location for our shoot. We enjoyed getting to know her as well as telling our personal story. I think she caught the essence of who we are as a couple and definitely memorialized this special trip for us.
Working with Emily was awesome! It felt so natural and I was at ease taking photos. She knew what she was doing and captured spectacular candid pictures throughout the night as well! She took fantastic pictures despite terrible weather and lighting conditions. 10/10 would recommend hiring her for your wedding! Thank you Emily!!
Emily did a fantastic Job! I somewhat planned my engagement on the Fly with about a week (or less) for her to prepare and she did a phenomenal job working with me and making me feel at ease In a part of the country I’ve never traveled to. She was able to stay in contact with me (secretly) up until about 1 min before I proposed which was a MASSIVE help. Super easy to work with, made it fun, was also very professional and I would recommend her NO DOUBT. Thanks again! You made an insanely stressful “operation” (haha) go incredibly smooth! Her photos were fabulous and turned out great! I honestly didn’t know what to expect!
Emily is an outstanding photographer! My husband and I hired her for our outdoor maternity shoot with our first born. Booking Emily was painless, and she was extremely easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. She suggested multiple beautiful locations to shoot. We met at a gorgeous nearby beach she suggested. To top it off Emily sent us our photos ahead of scheduled time. Overall, Emily is exceptionally professional, pleasant and creative. She is one of the best I’ve ever worked with. Book her for your next photography needs, and you won’t be disappointed!!
We hired Emily for our engagement photo shoot this past weekend and I honestly cannot recommend her enough! Not only is she super polite, kind, and professional, but she is also extremely talented.
She has such an eye for detail and is fantastic at helping pose her clients. We did our photo shoot on my cousin’s property and Emily was so good at picking spots and playing with the light and surroundings.
My fiancé and I were both completely out of our element, because we had never done a professional shoot before, but Emily made us feel comfortable, confident, and natural from the start and we completely love every picture we received! On top of all that the turnaround time for pictures was quick and she was very communicative from start to finish! 10/10, highly recommend!
Emily was amazing. She made my day easy and more special than I could have imagined. She’s sweet and knows what you want. She made her way around the family effortlessly. My family will definitely use her again.
Emily captured my wedding in a way I never thought was imaginable! We had a beautiful outdoor wedding, Emily was really able to use the natural light in our favor. (I love natural light) She came early to set up and was extremely professional! Emily was easy to work with and great with my family and guests. I love the way our photos turned out and would recommend her to anyone that I knew!! Thanks again Emily you’re part of the family now!
Emily pillon photography
San Francisco | Los Angeles | Worldwide
get in touch
Let’s chat about your project! I’m excited to hear more about your vision and how I can help bring it to life. Schedule a consultation today to get started.