A few helpful tips to keep in mind when picking your wardrobe for a maternity portrait session
Maternity photography has become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason! It’s a beautiful way to capture the special moments and memories of your pregnancy. If you’re looking for beautiful photographs to remember this special moment (the calm before the storm!), here are a few things to consider before your photoshoot…
When choosing an outfit for a maternity portrait session, here are some tips for women to keep in mind:
- Bring water and snacks: It’s important to stay hydrated and nourished during your photoshoot, especially if you’re planning to be outside for an extended period. Bring a water bottle and some healthy snacks to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Wear comfortable shoes: If you’re planning on going to a location with rough terrain, bring a pair of flats or sneakers that you feel comfortable walking in. You don’t want to be worrying about your feet when you should be focusing on your photoshoot.
- It’s also helpful for you or your partner to carry a tote bag which can be used to stash keys, phones, sunglasses, or any other items you won’t need while shooting
- Choose fabrics that accentuate the belly: When selecting clothing for your maternity photoshoot, choose fabrics that show off your baby bump. Flowy fabrics can be especially flattering, but make sure to choose something that makes you feel comfortable and confident.
- Neutrals and pastels work best in natural environments. Avoid bright, bold colors as they can distract from the natural beauty of the setting.
- Bring props: Feel free to bring any props you may want to include in your photoshoot such as a sonogram, baby shoes, or other clothing. These items can add a personal touch to your photos and make them even more special.
- Building a Pinterest board is a great way to get excited and gather ideas for your photoshoot. You can share your board with your photographer so they have a better understanding of your vision.
- Take a break: Remember to take breaks during your photoshoot, especially if you’re doing physically challenging things late in your pregnancy. Once the photoshoot is over, put your feet up and relax for the rest of the day!
Planning for a maternity photoshoot can be a fun and exciting experience. By following these tips and working with an experienced San Francisco maternity photographer, you’ll be able to capture beautiful memories that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Emily was super easy to work with and very accommodating. This was our first time in the area and Emily was extremely helpful with assisting us in choosing the perfect location for our shoot. We enjoyed getting to know her as well as telling our personal story. I think she caught the essence of who we are as a couple and definitely memorialized this special trip for us.
Working with Emily was awesome! It felt so natural and I was at ease taking photos. She knew what she was doing and captured spectacular candid pictures throughout the night as well! She took fantastic pictures despite terrible weather and lighting conditions. 10/10 would recommend hiring her for your wedding! Thank you Emily!!
Emily did a fantastic Job! I somewhat planned my engagement on the Fly with about a week (or less) for her to prepare and she did a phenomenal job working with me and making me feel at ease In a part of the country I’ve never traveled to. She was able to stay in contact with me (secretly) up until about 1 min before I proposed which was a MASSIVE help. Super easy to work with, made it fun, was also very professional and I would recommend her NO DOUBT. Thanks again! You made an insanely stressful “operation” (haha) go incredibly smooth! Her photos were fabulous and turned out great! I honestly didn’t know what to expect!
Emily is an outstanding photographer! My husband and I hired her for our outdoor maternity shoot with our first born. Booking Emily was painless, and she was extremely easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. She suggested multiple beautiful locations to shoot. We met at a gorgeous nearby beach she suggested. To top it off Emily sent us our photos ahead of scheduled time. Overall, Emily is exceptionally professional, pleasant and creative. She is one of the best I’ve ever worked with. Book her for your next photography needs, and you won’t be disappointed!!
We hired Emily for our engagement photo shoot this past weekend and I honestly cannot recommend her enough! Not only is she super polite, kind, and professional, but she is also extremely talented.
She has such an eye for detail and is fantastic at helping pose her clients. We did our photo shoot on my cousin’s property and Emily was so good at picking spots and playing with the light and surroundings.
My fiancé and I were both completely out of our element, because we had never done a professional shoot before, but Emily made us feel comfortable, confident, and natural from the start and we completely love every picture we received! On top of all that the turnaround time for pictures was quick and she was very communicative from start to finish! 10/10, highly recommend!
Emily was amazing. She made my day easy and more special than I could have imagined. She’s sweet and knows what you want. She made her way around the family effortlessly. My family will definitely use her again.
Emily captured my wedding in a way I never thought was imaginable! We had a beautiful outdoor wedding, Emily was really able to use the natural light in our favor. (I love natural light) She came early to set up and was extremely professional! Emily was easy to work with and great with my family and guests. I love the way our photos turned out and would recommend her to anyone that I knew!! Thanks again Emily you’re part of the family now!
Emily pillon photography
San Francisco | Los Angeles | Worldwide
get in touch
Let’s chat about your project! I’m excited to hear more about your vision and how I can help bring it to life. Schedule a consultation today to get started.