Wedding days can get hectic! It takes a ton of organization and there are many moving parts, wrangling of family members and many details to keep in mind. As a wedding photographer, it is super helpful to have on hand a standard shot list so no important moments get left out.
Below is a comprehensive list of all the shots we are looking for when capturing your wedding day. If you have any VIPs you’d like to make sure we get extra photos of or if there are any items you would like photographed in particular, just let us know and we are happy to add on who or whatever you’d like to include 🙂
Bride GETTING READY:
- Hair / makeup shots, including brushes, the makeup artist in action, close ups of things like eyelashes, lips, smiling bride, mimosas, etc.
- Bridesmaids “getting ready” laughing together
- Bridesmaid and bride in special robes, shirts etc.
- All of bride’s necessities before she puts them on: shoes, lacy dainties (if appropriate or unique), dress, veil, jewelry, etc.
- Bride’s dress with bridesmaid dresses iGETTING READY Wedding Shot List:n unique situations
- Any special bride items like monogrammed, handkerchief, family bible, etc.
- Bride getting dressed (we usually have the bridesmaids in their dresses prior to this)
- Maid of honor or mother zipping / lacing the dress
- Mother of the bride placing the veil, kissing bride
- All bridesmaids admiring bride.
Groom GETTING READY:
- Groom and groomsmen having fun, goofing off before getting ready (if they golf, play cards, etc, capture the anticipation)
- Groom’s important items: suit hanging, tie or bow tie, shoes, cuff links, any monogrammed items like tie tac or flask
- Groom shaving and completing hair preparation
- Groom getting dressed
- Groom shining shoes
- Groom and groomsmen putting on vests, ties and tying for each other
- Groom with father tying tie or bow tie
- Groom with groomsmen hanging out in hotel room
- Bride with bridesmaids, each individually (usually only done quickly one after another and in both 3/4 and full length, a “smile pose” and a “fun” pose like sorority symbol etc)
- Bride with bridesmaids – groups
- Bride / bridesmaids closeups of dresses, perspective of shoes, and bouquets
- Bride with flower girls
- Bride with any other attendants like guestbook etc.
Bride with First Look with Parents / Dad
- Dad’s reaction
- Mom reaction
- Mom and Dad embracing daughter
Bride with Parents:
- Bride with mom, smiling and her kissing mom
- Bride with Dad, smiling and him kissing bride on cheek
- Bride with both parents
- Bride with siblings (individually, with their significant others in a family group, and together)
- Bride with parents and siblings.
- Bride with parents, siblings, children and married ins
- Bride with Grandparents (if any)
- Bride with Grandparent and their respective child (3 generations)
- Bride closeup of face / hair / veil boutonnières
- Bride waist up
- Bride 3/4
- Bride full length front, side and back.
- Groom with groomsmen, each individually (usually only done quickly one after another and in both 3/4 and full length, a “smile pose” and a “fun” pose like sunglasses, frat symbol etc)
- Groom with Groomsmen & Ushers – groups
- Groom / groomsmen closeups of tuxes or suits, ties, cufflinks, perspective of shoes, and boutonnières
- Groom with ring bearers
- Groom with any other attendants or ushers
Groom with Parents:
- Groom with mom, traditional smiling and her kissing him on cheek
- Groom with Dad, shaking dad’s hand and smiling at camera
- Groom with both parents
- Groom with siblings (individually, with their significant others in a family group, and together)
- Groom with parents and siblings.
- Groom with parents, siblings, children and married ins
- Groom with Grandparents (if any)
- Groom with Grandparent and their respective child (3 generations)
- Groom closeup of face both smiling and serious
- Groom waist up
- Groom 3/4
- Groom full length front, side and back
- Groom’s party entering
- Bridal party walking down the aisle
- Flower girls and ring bearers
- Bride walking down the aisle
- Groom’s reaction to bride
- Standard ceremony moments: readings, prayers, unity candle/sand, rings, vows
- THE KISS!
- Pronouncement of Marriage
- Exit from the ceremony (bubbles, rice, antique car, carriage, etc.)
- Full family groupings with bride and groom combined
- Extended family groupings with bride and groom combined
- Girls and guys respectively in traditional formation at the ceremony location or church
- Combined wedding party at church (3-5 shots of this is fine)
- Creative shots of the couple in a variety of poses, smiling, kissing, in action, sexy poses, traditional and romantic
- Floral designs on tables etc.
- Candles and any personalized decor
- Cake & groom’s cake
- Tables and decor- Many crops and angles of plating, napkins, name cards, etc.
- Shot of the room well lit before people mess up tables (if possible)
- Announcement of Bridal Party
- Prayer over dinner
- Parents of Bride and Groom with THEIR friends
- Any large family or friend groupings like sorority, fraternity
- Any special friend groupings
- Dinner details, plating, buffet prior to serving
- Bar and tenders and any personal details there
- Bride and Groom First Dance
- Father Daughter Dance
- Mother Son Dance
- Generations Dance
- Fun Dances
- Bouquet toss
- Garter toss
- Exit from reception
Emily was super easy to work with and very accommodating. This was our first time in the area and Emily was extremely helpful with assisting us in choosing the perfect location for our shoot. We enjoyed getting to know her as well as telling our personal story. I think she caught the essence of who we are as a couple and definitely memorialized this special trip for us. – Jamie A.
Working with Emily was awesome! It felt so natural and I was at ease taking photos. She knew what she was doing and captured spectacular candid pictures throughout the night as well! She took fantastic pictures despite terrible weather and lighting conditions. 10/10 would recommend hiring her for your wedding! Thank you Emily!! – Kayla F.
Emily did a fantastic job! I somewhat planned my engagement on the Fly with about a week (or less) for her to prepare and she did a phenomenal job working with me and making me feel at ease In a part of the country I’ve never traveled to. She was able to stay in contact with me (secretly) up until about 1 min before I proposed which was a MASSIVE help. Super easy to work with, made it fun, was also very professional and I would recommend her NO DOUBT. Thanks again! You made an insanely stressful “operation” (haha) go incredibly smooth! Her photos were fabulous and turned out great! I honestly didn’t know what to expect! Well done!! – Spencer H.
Emily is an outstanding photographer! My husband and I hired her for our outdoor maternity shoot with our first born. Booking Emily was painless, and she was extremely easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. She suggested multiple beautiful locations to shoot. We met at a gorgeous nearby beach she suggested. To top it off Emily sent us our photos ahead of scheduled time. Overall, Emily is exceptionally professional, pleasant and creative. She is one of the best I’ve ever worked with. Book her for your next photography needs, and you won’t be disappointed!! – Samantha K.
We hired Emily for our engagement photo shoot this past weekend and I honestly cannot recommend her enough! Not only is she super polite, kind, and professional, but she is also extremely talented. She has such an eye for detail and is fantastic at helping pose her clients. We did our photo shoot on my cousin’s property and Emily was so good at picking spots and playing with the light and surroundings. My fiancé and I were both completely out of our element, because we had never done a professional shoot before, but Emily made us feel comfortable, confident, and natural from the start and we completely love every picture we received! On top of all that the turnaround time for pictures was quick and she was very communicative from start to finish! 10/10, highly recommend! – Emily A.
Emily was amazing. She made my day easy and more special than I could have imagined. She’s sweet and knows what you want. She made her way around the family effortlessly. My family will definitely use her again. – Charmaine Z.
Emily captured my wedding in a way I never thought was imaginable! We had a beautiful outdoor wedding, Emily was really able to use the natural light in our favor. (I love natural light) She came early to set up and was extremely professional! Emily was easy to work with and great with my family and guests. I love the way our photos turned out and would recommend her to anyone that I knew!! Thanks again Emily you’re part of the family now! – Jennifer S
San Francisco | Los Angeles | Worldwide
get in touch
Let’s chat about your project! I’m excited to hear more about your vision and how I can help bring it to life. Schedule a consultation today to get started.