Wedding days can get hectic! It takes a ton of organization and there are many moving parts, wrangling of family members and details to keep in mind. As a wedding photographer, it is super helpful to have on hand a standard shot list so no important moments get left out.
Below is a comprehensive list of all the shots we are looking for when capturing your wedding day. If you have any VIPs you’d like to make sure we get extra photos of or if there are any items you would like photographed in particular, just let us know and we are happy to add on who or whatever you’d like to include 🙂
Bride GETTING READY:
- Hair / makeup shots, including brushes, the makeup artist in action, close ups of things like eyelashes, lips, smiling bride, mimosas, etc.
- Bridesmaids “getting ready” laughing together
- Bridesmaid and bride in special robes, shirts etc.
- All of bride’s necessities before she puts them on: shoes, lacy dainties (if appropriate or unique), dress, veil, jewelry, etc.
- Bride’s dress with bridesmaid dresses iGETTING READY Wedding Shot List:n unique situations
- Any special bride items like monogrammed, handkerchief, family bible, etc.
- Bride getting dressed (we usually have the bridesmaids in their dresses prior to this)
- Maid of honor or mother zipping / lacing the dress
- Mother of the bride placing the veil, kissing bride
- All bridesmaids admiring bride.
Groom GETTING READY:
- Groom and groomsmen having fun, goofing off before getting ready (if they golf, play cards, etc, capture the anticipation)
- Groom’s important items: suit hanging, tie or bow tie, shoes, cuff links, any monogrammed items like tie tac or flask
- Groom shaving and completing hair preparation
- Groom getting dressed
- Groom shining shoes
- Groom and groomsmen putting on vests, ties and tying for each other
- Groom with father tying tie or bow tie
- Groom with groomsmen hanging out in hotel room
- Bride with bridesmaids, each individually (usually only done quickly one after another and in both 3/4 and full length, a “smile pose” and a “fun” pose like sorority symbol etc)
- Bride with bridesmaids – groups
- Bride / bridesmaids closeups of dresses, perspective of shoes, and bouquets
- Bride with flower girls
- Bride with any other attendants like guestbook etc.
Bride with First Look with Parents / Dad.
- Dad’s reaction
- Mom reaction
- Mom and Dad embracing daughter
Bride with Parents:
- Bride with mom, smiling and her kissing mom
- Bride with Dad, smiling and him kissing bride on cheek
- Bride with both parents
- Bride with siblings (individually, with their significant others in a family group, and together)
- Bride with parents and siblings.
- Bride with parents, siblings, children and married ins
- Bride with Grandparents (if any)
- Bride with Grandparent and their respective child (3 generations)
- Bride closeup of face / hair / veil boutonnières
- Bride waist up
- Bride 3/4
- Bride full length front, side and back.
- Groom with groomsmen, each individually (usually only done quickly one after another and in both 3/4 and full length, a “smile pose” and a “fun” pose like sunglasses, frat symbol etc)
- Groom with Groomsmen & Ushers – groups
- Groom / groomsmen closeups of tuxes or suits, ties, cufflinks, perspective of shoes, and boutonnières
- Groom with ring bearers
- Groom with any other attendants or ushers
Groom with Parents:
- Groom with mom, traditional smiling and her kissing him on cheek
- Groom with Dad, shaking dad’s hand and smiling at camera
- Groom with both parents
- Groom with siblings (individually, with their significant others in a family group, and together)
- Groom with parents and siblings.
- Groom with parents, siblings, children and married ins
- Groom with Grandparents (if any)
- Groom with Grandparent and their respective child (3 generations)
- Groom closeup of face both smiling and serious
- Groom waist up
- Groom 3/4
- Groom full length front, side and back
- Groom’s party entering
- Bridal party walking down the aisle
- Flower girls and ring bearers
- Bride walking down the aisle
- Groom’s reaction to bride
- Standard ceremony moments: readings, prayers, unity candle/sand, rings, vows
- THE KISS!
- Pronouncement of Marriage
- Exit from the ceremony (bubbles, rice, antique car, carriage, etc.)
- Full family groupings with bride and groom combined
- Extended family groupings with bride and groom combined
- Girls and guys respectively in traditional formation at the ceremony location or church
- Combined wedding party at church (3-5 shots of this is fine)
- Creative shots of the couple in a variety of poses, smiling, kissing, in action, sexy poses, traditional and romantic
- Floral designs on tables etc.
- Candles and any personalized decor
- Cake & groom’s cake
- Tables and decor- Many crops and angles of plating, napkins, name cards, etc.
- Shot of the room well lit before people mess up tables (if possible)
- Announcement of Bridal Party
- Prayer over dinner
- Parents of Bride and Groom with THEIR friends
- Any large family or friend groupings like sorority, fraternity
- Any special friend groupings
- Dinner details, plating, buffet prior to serving
- Bar and tenders and any personal details there
- Bride and Groom First Dance
- Father Daughter Dance
- Mother Son Dance
- Generations Dance
- Fun Dances
- Bouquet toss
- Garter toss
- Exit from reception